Thursday, March 12, 2009

Top uv the Mornin, Guvner


I inform you that I am in England by using a traditional English colloquialism (apparently the British are lol-cats). That's right, I'm minding the bullocks here in jolly old England. No, it has not been foggy, nor does everybody break into song and dance sporadically, however, I did pee on one of the royal guards and he did not move.

The first thing Rageoline made me do, after making out with Hugh Grant of course, was to make a b-line to Camden Town, to buy some second hand clothes. After I had donned my tweed jacket and doc martins (urban camouflage in London), we proceeded to hit every market in town — I have never gotten the opportunity to be a tourist before, and I must say, that it is much more tiring than I realized. In my effort to try and see as much as possible, I haven't had a moment to sit down since I got off of that plane. I must say, Londoners have a lot of useless crap to sell.

I later got around to doing the more traditional tourist things, seeing Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London eye, Rowen Atkinson etc. Somewhere along the way, it dawned on me, that London is kind of like Disney Land with Shakespeare plays instead of Walt Disney cartoons. At the Tower of London there is an exhibit where children can practice being tower guards by putting on helmets, playing with crossbows, and slitting imaginary princes' throats.

London has been very fun, even though there is no Office (American version) or 30 Rock, so I'm stuck watching Grey's Anatomy, where apparently they have run out of characters for Catherine Hghlglhl to sleep with, so they have brought characters back from the dead. At least there is American Idol, Guyliner and glitter ftw.

P.S. This is Rageoline and Co's 50 post, and we would like to thank all of you out there who have made this blog successful. Especially to all the Hughs out there (Laurie, Jackman, Grant) without you being angry just wouldn't be as much fun.

No comments: