Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentines Day Quickie

I'm totally late on this one, I'm need to start thinking ahead and making my holiday specials before the holiday is over.

As you are no doubt aware, February 14 is Valentines day. That special day of the year when jewelery companies take time to remind you that she only loves you as much as you spend on her necklace. I would like to thank the BBC for this article which I sum up here: Maybe not having a place to sleep tomorrow is sexy, flipping burgers is not. I don't know how these geniuses' come up with this, and the British thought it was their duty to educate everyone else on the planet at some point. Warning, this article is pretty intense, my job is in no way in jeopardy, but I'm scared to death that I might be too stressed to have sex. It even features a picture of a young man crying after failing to "perform" in bed, talk about undercover photo journalism. .


However, some people aren't in a relationship, so have created Singles Awareness Day, mascot seen to the right. I point out, Valentines day has always made people painfully aware that they are single. Apparently, the official way to celebrate singles awareness day is by dressing up and making black and white You Tube videos. (I would have embedded this, but the Aussie bastard forbids it). People are aware of singles, and maybe if you weren't so whiny someone would be interested in you.

No comments: